Easy•Rider Program Overview
Alternative, Green, and Sustainable are all common words used to describe transportation that makes a positive contribution to the environment both socially and economically. UAMS Parking Operations is committed in offering various alternative transportation options specific to the UAMS environment. We're working towards a mix that offers opportunities to save on fuel expense and parking fees while ultimately creating a more sustainable campus.
Transportation has become a significant issue on the UAMS Campus as well as other campuses around the country. UAMS Parking Operations would like to challenge UAMS employees to consider other less traditional options. Currently, incentives are being offered to UAMS Easy●Rider registered carpools.
Did you know?
- It is expected that the number of cars and trucks on already crowded highways will double in the next 30 years.
- The Average American spends 434 hours (18 days) in his/her car each year.
- Driving your car 20,800 miles a year emits 23,600 lbs. of carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Every car emits its own weight in CO2 annually.
- Cutting 25 miles a week from your driving and you could save 1,500 lbs. of CO2 annually.
- The United States could save 33 million gallons of fuel daily if the average commuting vehicle carried just 1 additional person.
The average passenger car emits the following annually:
- 80 lbs. of hydrocarbons
- 606 lbs. of carbon monoxide (CO)
- 10,000 lbs. of CO2
- Consumes more than 550 gallons of fuel
The average SUV emits the following annually:
- 114 lbs. of hydrocarbons
- 894 lbs. of carbon monoxide (CO)
- 16,800 lbs. of CO2
- Consumes more than 915 gallons of fuel
Commute with Enterprise Program
Commute With Enterprise To Enjoy These Benefits
- Low cost commuting solution with significant savings - up to $6,000 a year*
- Maintenance, insurance, and roadside assistance included
- Guaranteed ride home program
- Month to month flexibility
- Less wear and tear on your personal vehicle
- Reduced carbon footprint *All stats and figures according to 2019 Enterprise reporting and 2019 AAA data.
UAMS Carpool Program
UAMS Carpool Program
To encourage carpooling, UAMS Parking Operations offers incentives to registered carpool members. A carpool is defined as three or more participants who commit to sharing a ride to and from the UAMS campus.
To enroll, please complete the UAMS Carpool Application. Include all carpool members' information before returning the completed, signed form to the Parking Operations Office. For more information, see the UAMS Carpool Information packet.
UAMS Carpool Program participation
- UAMS employees who live beyond a reasonable walking distance from the UAMS campus are eligible.
- Carpool participants share parking fees through required payroll deductions.
- Carpool groups must register annually.
What are the incentives?
- Shared fuel expenses.
- Shared parking expenses.
- Bypass the UAMS Parking waiting list.
- Reduced mileage and maintenance on your vehicle.
- Reduced stress during the commute to work.
Rock Region METRO Bus Information
Rock Region METRO Bus Info
If you are interested in using the Rock Region METRO bus, please go to the Rock Region METRO website for bus routes and schedule information.
If you ride a bicycle and use the Rock Region METRO bus for transporation, please click on the image below for information on how to load and unload your bike on the Rock Region METRO bus. This placard image is already rotated and sized for your printer.
Electric Car Charging Stations
Electric Car Charging Stations
To promote Alternative Transportation, Parking Operations has installed its first electric charging station, allowing patients, visitors and staff to recharge their green vehicles while on the UAMS Campus.
The charging stations are located along the south wall of the A Level on the Parking 2 deck. Two vehicles can be charged at the same time. UAMS Parking Operations will consider adding additional charging stations if the demand increases. Click to view the location of the charging stations.
There is a charging fee of $1.00/hour plus the normal hourly rate for parking in the area.
Please Note: Charging stations have a four-hour time limit. A fee is levied for exceeding it.
UAMS has provided bicycle racks and they are available at the following locations on the campus.
- Lot 2 at the Jones Eye Institute building, South Side
- Lot 5 at the Biomed II building, North Side
- I Dodd Wilson building, North Side
- Residence Hall, East and West sides
- Education II building, East side
- Emergency Department, Shuffield Drive
Bicycle Advocacy of Central Arkansas (BACA) serves the Central Arkansas metropolitan area, consisting of Little Rock, North Little Rock, Pulaski County, and the surrounding communities.
BACA seeks to provide a unified voice of advocacy for changes in attitude, public policy and infrastructure that will improve the safety, convenience, and acceptance of bicycling in Central Arkansas.
We envision a future where Arkansans embrace bicycling as an integral part of our way of life; where bicycling is accepted as a safe, practical, and equitable means of travel; and where Arkansans recognize that bicycling creates cleaner, healthier, economically stronger, and more livable communities.